Join Tanya Watson as she teaches the benefits of meditation for seniors. Class will take place every Monday at 10:30 am in the fitness room. Come and learn how to meditate!
WALK WITH EASE
Come join us every Monday and Friday at Hub Stein Field beginning at 9am for some good old fashioned exercise! Transportation will be provided. *weather permitting
KIND HANDS AESTHETICS
Join our in house manicurist Tadj Hayward on October 3rd beginning at 10 am for a gel or regular manicure. The cost is $10 and space is limited, please sign up at the front desk.
YOUR HEALTH AND HYGIENE
Join Nurse Tammy Holmes on October 11th at 11 am as she speaks to the Center members about the importance of health and hygiene.
DR. HENRY BORELLI, FOOT DOCTOR
Podiatrist, Dr. Henry Borelli will be seeing
patients in the Center’s medical office. His next visit will be on October 13th at 12 pm. Please sign up at the front desk.
BASIC CELEBRITY BARBERS
The Center welcomes Basic Celebrity Barbershop on
October 16th at 10:30 am for haircuts. The cost is $10. Space is limited, please sign up at the front desk.
The Center will host a vaccination clinic on
October 19th from 12 pm to 3 pm. If you would like to receive a flu, initial covid vaccine or a booster shot, please speak to a staff member at the front desk or call
PLAINFIELD HEALTH EDUCATOR
Join Health Educator, Anita Jalloh on October 31st at 10 am as she continues to speak about cancer.
- The Plainfield Senior Citizen’s Services Program is open to all Plainfield residents 55 years of age and older and their spouses. Proper identification is required such as; proof of residency, a valid NJ drivers’ license, tax or rent receipt.
- There is no fee to join and no membership dues are required. Interested persons must come to the Center any weekday between 9:30 AM and 3:00 PM to register for membership and become part of Plainfield’s active mature population.
- Associate Membership is available to all interested persons who meet the age requirements and who have relocated from Plainfield. Although an Associate Member may participate in all programs Plainfield residents have first preference.
- Associate Members may partake in clubs at the center with the right to vote concerning club issues, as long as he/she is in good standing with the center and the club.
- Senior citizens of other communities may participate in classes offered by the Center if space is available in the particular class. A fee may be assessed.
- Non- residents that do not meet Senior Center or Associate Member requirements are considered guests and must be sponsored by a Plainfield member in good standing to partake of the centers programs. Any other request must be submitted to the Director and may be reviewed by the Cares Committee.
All members are eligible to participate in the Center’s programs. The Director reserves the right to adjust or limit participation in certain programs and activities when a member’s behavior changes significantly so as to affect their ability to perform and/or have an adverse effect on other members.
Confidentiality will be adhered to in all matters of social concerns.